Have a sewing machine at home that’s gathering dust? Give it some attention this bank holiday with these fabric patterns and get your creativity flowing!
By dusting off your sewing machines, you not only get the satisfaction of creating something from scratch, but you can also save money, create something totally unique and avoid fast and unethical fashion. Creating something by hand also means that you are more likely to keep and love the item that you spent time creating, and reduce the amount of waste that falls into landfill!
Inspired by some of our fabrics, we’ve come up with 5 easy projects, perfect for this bank holiday!
1. Get ready for summer days and bicycle rides with these super sweet reversible headbands. We think our “Tree of Life Hand Block Cambric” and our “White and Brown Organic Stripe Chambray” would be perfect for this project. Best of all, all you need is elastic and 45 cm of your favorite fabric and you’re all set to create!
2. Sleep in style with an easy to make multi fabric pillowcase. All you need is two patterned fabrics (we think our “Scarlet Hand Block Organic Cotton” and “Tyulipa Organic Hand Block Print” would be perfect!) and a pillow to go inside and you’ve got the perfect project!
3. A drawstring bag is the perfect thing to carry around cosmetics, gym clothes, or even the day’s necessities! They are super easy to make too, and can be made more complex depending on your level of sewing. Our “Hand Block Zig Zag Blue Organic Cambric” would be perfect for this project (and is totally on-trend too!)
4. Every girl needs an infinity scarf in her wardrobe, especially as they can be made both lightweight and warm and cozy! We love this tutorial by SewCreativeBlog and cannot wait to see our “Chakra Hand Block Cambric” or “Soft Black Bamboo” fabric draped around our necks this Spring.
5. Get ready for the perfect duvet day with a brilliant duvet cover DIY. Justina Blakeney shared this on her website and we love it, especially with our stunning “Red Linen Jersey” or “Fine Woven Natural Linen”
Remember, sewing calms the mind, so why not relax this Bank Holiday and get making! Don’t forget that we love to see all the projects you make so be sure to send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org